Posted on Saturday, February 05, 2011
* Was offered--and accepted--a permanent status part-time position with a company that initially hired me as a seasonal employee last August.
* Went to Oregon for a two-day visit with my Mom and both sisters. Amtrak points accumulated.
* Transcribed my first cemetery: Oregon's Chemawa cemetery. Published same on internet.
* Bought a new car! 2010 Honda Element with the "dog-friendly package." Pretty color: Tango Red Pearl.
* Completed training at now-permanent employer and began new schedule as a core employee.
* Was contacted by a former attorney-employer about possibility of working for him again. We'll meet. I'm keeping my options open.
* Paid remainder of trip cost for daughter to go to Disney with her high school band. She'll go in April.
* Restarted driving lessons with said daughter. Pray for us.
* Updated our cemetery website with a new Japanese family story, including two historic family photos provided by that family. Score.
* Discovered that daughter's long-term Japanese sub has ancestors buried in our cemetery. Awesome. A new contact!
* Semester grades arrived. Daughter achieves her usual excellent results. The son? That's a different matter. Certain Amish consequences will be instituted for continued bad grades.